The final project critique was very helpful. From the suggestions and comments made on my work, I was able to make several key improvements to my first drawing especially. First of all, I fixed some of the perspective issues on my buildings by changing the angles of certain lines. I also brightened the windows of the buildings and the shadows surrounding them. In addition, I made the cracks on the structures less pronounced. Finally, I enlargened the trees in the foreground of the drawing and allowed them to extend over the buildings. For my final drawing, I kept in mind my perspective issues. I also made sure my final drawing had cleaner lines and was brighter than my initial drawing. This final project was a fun way to creatively combine all of the techniques I learned in this class.
The critique on my final project was really helpful in understanding what my conceptual landscape was portraying and also how I could take advantage of techniques to emphasize facets of both drawing to make a more persuasive argument for my vision. Heather made a really good point by commenting on the amount of signage that was originally in my first drawing and how it added to the chaos of the environment. I tried to highlight this in my drawing. I also used darkness (thanks to critique on Whitney's drawing) to give the scene in my first drawing a sense of abandonment. With much help from other students, I also took the week to correct my perspective.
I received some excellent feedback from the final project critique. I hadn't considered attempting to draw people into my project, but after considering the suggestion, I realized that it would significantly add to a lively sense of the place I was creating. It was also suggested that I collage in some elements such as cars or people, but finding an image with the same perspective was difficult. Also, it may have drawn more attention to those aspects than I really wanted.
As a struggling new sketcher, the advice I received during the final critique was helpful. Drawing lines to show appropriate proportion and perspective is still difficult and the guidance my classmates gave me and each other helped me draw a skateboard park in my final composition. Thanks to all for making this class worthwhile and fun!
The last critique was very helpful in confirming the idea that what I see is often very different from what others may see AND the suggestions of others can be a very valualbe tool in the creative process. I took the suggestions of making a smaller garage, rather than omitting the idea and putting the oak tree into my second drawing as reference and for scale. The critique gave me the final push and direction with which the drawing need to go. I was able to apply each week's lesson into the final project and I'm pleased with the results and progress I've made over these six weeks.
The final project critique was very helpful. From the suggestions and comments made on my work, I was able to make several key improvements to my first drawing especially. First of all, I fixed some of the perspective issues on my buildings by changing the angles of certain lines. I also brightened the windows of the buildings and the shadows surrounding them. In addition, I made the cracks on the structures less pronounced. Finally, I enlargened the trees in the foreground of the drawing and allowed them to extend over the buildings. For my final drawing, I kept in mind my perspective issues. I also made sure my final drawing had cleaner lines and was brighter than my initial drawing. This final project was a fun way to creatively combine all of the techniques I learned in this class.
ReplyDeleteThe critique on my final project was really helpful in understanding what my conceptual landscape was portraying and also how I could take advantage of techniques to emphasize facets of both drawing to make a more persuasive argument for my vision. Heather made a really good point by commenting on the amount of signage that was originally in my first drawing and how it added to the chaos of the environment. I tried to highlight this in my drawing. I also used darkness (thanks to critique on Whitney's drawing) to give the scene in my first drawing a sense of abandonment. With much help from other students, I also took the week to correct my perspective.
ReplyDeleteI received some excellent feedback from the final project critique. I hadn't considered attempting to draw people into my project, but after considering the suggestion, I realized that it would significantly add to a lively sense of the place I was creating. It was also suggested that I collage in some elements such as cars or people, but finding an image with the same perspective was difficult. Also, it may have drawn more attention to those aspects than I really wanted.
ReplyDeleteAs a struggling new sketcher, the advice I received during the final critique was helpful. Drawing lines to show appropriate proportion and perspective is still difficult and the guidance my classmates gave me and each other helped me draw a skateboard park in my final composition. Thanks to all for making this class worthwhile and fun!
ReplyDeleteThe last critique was very helpful in confirming the idea that what I see is often very different from what others may see AND the suggestions of others can be a very valualbe tool in the creative process. I took the suggestions of making a smaller garage, rather than omitting the idea and putting the oak tree into my second drawing as reference and for scale. The critique gave me the final push and direction with which the drawing need to go. I was able to apply each week's lesson into the final project and I'm pleased with the results and progress I've made over these six weeks.
ReplyDelete